Heat Pump Repair in Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky
Routine heat pump maintenance and heat pump repairs will prolong the life of your heating and cooling systems. Even with proper care and maintenance, even the most reliable heat pumps experience wear and tear. When your system requires TLC, call the Cincinnati heat pump repair technicians at Schneller & Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air.
The Schneller team provided reliable heat pump repair and tune-up services in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky for years. Our technicians receive world-class training, have years of experience, and have access to the best diagnostic tools in the industry. We’ll fix your heat pump fast, fix it right, and you can enjoy peace of mind no matter the season.
Heat Pump Repair Services in Cincinnati, OH
When you contact our HVAC experts, our number one goal is to provide you with repairs that exceed expectations, and return your home to comfortable normalcy as fast as possible. And we do it while never compromising on quality!
Sheer skill and experience are what we offer, as well as friendly, reliable professionals that are driven to provide top excellence on every single project.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
Not all signs are created the same, and it’s not always too obvious when you need a heat pump repair. But an immediate response is your surest way to retain comfort and to avoid costly replacement costs. Keep an eye out for these signs that you need heat pump repair services:
- Reduced comfort. If you’re not getting the heat or chill you’re accustomed to from your heat pump, something is certainly wrong! If the pump is an older model, you might want to begin considering a heat pump replacement, but if the problem is repairable, our experts are happy to provide.
- High heating or cooling costs. One of the major reasons why heat pumps are so popular is just how cost-effective, efficient, and consistent they are. If your bills shoot up by even ten percent, then we can certainly assure you that something has gone awry.
- Mode-jamming. Getting stuck in “heat” or “cool” is a somewhat common problem to have, and it typically means the reversing valve is damaged. Our experts can rectify the problem in no time!
- Short-cycling. Is your heat pump cutting on and off far more frequently than usual? This can be both frustrating and expensive, and requires an immediate repair service.
- Odd sounds. Strange sounds coming from an HVAC system will typically always relate to component damage, and this is a very serious problem. Without a fast repair, you could be looking at considerably more damage, if not a complete replacement!
Emergency Heat Pump Repair
To make absolutely certain that you have access to the superior service you deserve, our team is available after hours, too! In fact, our emergency heat pump repair experts are available any time, any day, no matter what. We know you can never predict when your heat pump will stop working properly, so at Schneller, we provide all of our Cincinnati area customers with 24-hour emergency heat pump service. Whether it is an evening or weekend, our technicians are available whenever you need us.
When sudden problems threaten your comfort, just contact Schneller and you’re guaranteed:
- 24-hour service, 7 days a week
- 100% satisfaction—or you don’t pay!
- Repair of all makes and models of heating and cooling equipment
At Schneller, our goal is to treat you like family, so you can trust us to provide you with an honest assessment of your heat pump repair. The next time your heat pump needs repair, whether it’s in the evening, the middle of the night, on a weekend or a holiday, call Schneller & Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air.
Heat Pump Preventative Maintenance
Routine maintenance will keep your heat pump running for many years. Here are a few DIY heat pump maintenance items you can handle on your own:
- Replace or clean air filters (every 30-60 days)
- Remove grass, leaves, snow, and debris from around outside units
- Trim shrubs and trees to leave a two-foot clearance around outside units
- Dust the supply and return registers
- Schedule a heat pump tune-up twice a year with Schneller & Knochelman
The following heat pump tune-up items are best left to a trained and qualified Schneller & Knochelman technician:
- Inspect ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for damage
- Diagnose and seal any leaks in the ducts
- Check for and repair any refrigerant leaks
- Inspect and repair electrical wiring
- Clean and tighten electrical connections
- Clean the indoor coil and drain pan
- Flush and clean the drain line
- Check line and system discharge pressure
- Check the refrigerant charge
- Check for proper defrost cycle sequence
- Lubricate motors and bearings
- Check for signs of blower motor wear and tear
- Inspect belts for wear/tighten belts
- Test thermostat
- Verify correct electric controls
- Inspect the outdoor condensing unit
- Check outdoor temperature sensors
Why Choose Schneller for Heat Pump Repairs & Tune-Ups?
Our technicians are highly trained and can fix your heat pump problem on the first visit. And while that’s very important, there are a couple of other things about our heat pump technicians that you will like as well.
- They will put down protective tarps where necessary to protect your floors.
- They will wear shoe covers so they don’t track in mud and dirt.
- They will clean up after themselves and remove old equipment.
- They are all background checked and drug tested for your safety.
- They will always be wearing a uniform and identify themselves.
Our technicians are an extension of our business and we take that very seriously. When you let a Schneller technician into your home, you can feel confident and comfortable.
Call Your Cincinnati Heat Pump Repair Experts
Whenever you need heat pump service, call Schneller & Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air. We’ll be there fast and we’ll treat you like family. Call 513.407.4424 or 859.757.1877 to speak to one of our own friendly office staff!