Heat Pump Installation & Replacement in Cincinnati
Heat pumps are an exceptionally popular option for heating and cooling in Cincinnati. Offering reliable temperature control, extremely high energy-efficiency ratings, and year-round comfort is just hard to match! But while heat pump systems are a long lasting HVAC option, there will come a time when an upgrade is needed. And when that time comes, Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air will be there to help.
Our certified heat pump specialists have been serving Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky home and business owners for generations. We put an emphasis on offering you leading services and customer-focused options, ensuring you get the absolute best heat pump replacement for your needs!
The Benefits of Installing a New Heat Pump
Heat pump technology has been a heating and cooling favorite in the HVAC industry for years. And modern design and implementations have only made this strong option even stronger! The benefit of a new heat pump installation in Cincinnati include:
- Superior energy efficiency. Traditional air-source heat pump systems are some of the most efficient on the market—second only to a ground-source (geothermal) heat pump! That means not only are you getting an awesome home comfort solution, but you’re also getting one of the most cost-effective and smart options out there.
- Versatile home comfort solutions. Heat pumps are a comprehensive HVAC system, meaning they offer you excellent performance in both heating and cooling! For total comfort in Ohio and Kentucky, you won’t find a more ideal option.
- Strong, even heating and cooling. Unlike some other systems, heat pumps provide exceptionally even comfort control. That means no hot or cold spots, just good, clean, comfortable temperature control.
- Extended system life spans. Heat pump systems, especially when routinely maintained by professionals, are known to last a long, long time. That makes them a very smart investment—especially when coupled with the high efficiency ratings!
Heat Pump Replacement vs. Repairs
It can often be difficult to choose between heat pump repair and a complete system replacement. Not sure which service you’re looking for? Here are some clear signs that a replacement is your better bet:
- Repair services become too frequent. It’s understandable to shoot for a repair service first. But if that repair can’t see the issue resolved, or if you find yourself needing the same repair again, replacement becomes a lot less costly and less stressful in a hurry.
- Your repair needs are too costly. Major component failure can often cost an arm, and maybe even a leg, too. If your repair bill makes you balk, you might enjoy the benefits of a new system for a similar or even lesser cost.
- Your energy costs are going up. The efficiency of a heat pump usually results in pretty low heating and cooling costs. So when these start to spike up, you know something isn’t right. The issue may be repairable, but equally often it’s simply time to pursue a replacement.
- Your heat pump is getting old. After 10 to 15 years (depending on use and heat pump maintenance regularity) you probably will notice your pump lagging behind and costing a whole lot more to run. When this happens a new system will restore those better bills you so fondly remember.
- You need more heating or cooling power. Just not getting the power and temperature control you’re accustomed to? Wrestling with high humidity in the summer season? No sense in paying for something you’re just not going to get from your outdated or underperforming system—go for a replacement!
A replacement can become necessary for a variety of reasons, but no matter why you need it, you know you want the absolute best when it comes to your replacement. Our highly skilled and expertly trained team works directly with you every step of the way, ensuring you get a new heat pump system that is specifically tailored to your unique needs.
Once the right option has been chosen we get to work offering you an installation service that optimizes your new heat pump for perfect performance and maximum efficiency. Your home will never have felt better!
Get a Quote on Heat Pump Installation in Cincinnati
Whenever you need reliable heat pump replacement services, call Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air. Our professional team is here to ensure you are comfortable, and we have fully stocked vehicles with well-trained HVAC technicians on call waiting to help. As a family-owned business, we take pride in our work and our people. We’ll be there fast and we’ll treat you like family.
Heat Pump Installation FAQs
Is a heat pump right for my home?
Heat pumps work well in any temperatures above freezing. They can both heat and cool the home, using the heat energy from outside the home to do so quite efficiently. In both Kentucky and Ohio, this works quite well as a heating and cooling option. Most local heat pumps have a backup electric or gas furnace to ensure the home stays warm in the winter when temperatures dip below freezing.
How long will a heat pump last?
The average life span of a unit is around 15 years. If yours is nearing this time frame, you may want to start planning for the installation of a new one. This is when your system is more likely to break down, leaving you without proper heating and cooling.
Where should a new heat pump be installed?
Most of the time, the warmest location in your home is the best place to put the outdoor unit, such as a north or west-facing wall. The better the temperature difference between the indoor air and the outdoor air, the more efficiently the unit will run. Our technicians will help with the entire installation process, ensuring that your unit is perfectly positioned to run as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Can I install my own heat pump?
Heat pump installation requires the help of a licensed HVAC professional. These systems are too complex to be installed as a DIY project because mistakes could be costly.