Sewer & Drain Lining Service in Cincinnati, OH
A damaged sewer line can be a huge, even monumental source of stress for a Cincinnati homeowner. You need service from professionals that can ensure the problem is handled swiftly, accurately, and with the assurance that things are going to be just fine. And at Schneller & Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air, our certified plumbers can promise all of that and more!
We’ve been offering Ohio and Northern Kentucky clients the best in plumbing service for decades, and backed by our top-class training we can guarantee a complete resolution to all of your plumbing repair needs, including total sewer line service and repair. For quality you can rely on and priority service that puts your needs first, you needn’t look any further.
Sewer Line Repair Service
Schneller & Knochelmann also provides sewer and drain lining repairs for homes in the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky areas. In this area, it is common over time for the main drain line to start to crack and break. This can happen with the old clay and cast iron sewer lines that were used on a lot of our older homes. That means that tree roots can get into your drain lines and cause clogged drains and even drain failure. Usually, when that happens, you have to dig up your yard, excavate the line, and replace with the new drain pipe. Schneller & Knochelmann is able to use trenchless technology that makes it easier and faster to repair—without a big hole in your yard!
Trenchless Sewer & Drain Line Repair Without Extensive Excavation
The plumbers at Schneller & Knochelmann use the Perma-Lateral ™ Lining System. This system was designed for small-diameter pipe repairs in lines that range from 2 to 8 inches in diameter. The main benefits of this sewer and drain line repairing system are:
- Repairs cracked or broken pipes without extensive excavation
- Eliminates roots and infiltration
- Bridges missing pipe sections
This pipe liner system can be installed through clean-outs or open end pipes. Our plumbers only need one access point to install this pipe liner. For pipes that are 2 to 4 inches in diameter, we can repair pipes up to 120 feet in length. For pipes 5 to 8 inches in diameter, we can rehabilitate pipes up to 600 feet in length.
This liner system uses a styrene-free resin and can be used on cast iron piping, clay drain lines, and PVC pipe. And the minimum lifespan is 50 years per ASTM F 1216 third-party testing. Plus, the materials used are tested and certified as environmentally safe and odorless.
Signs You Need Sewer Line Repair
Ideally, you can get service before things get too out of hand. Getting a repair service early on tends to be less costly and much less stressful since you’ll avoid many of the other plumbing issues that can come from a damaged or clogged sewer line. But what are the signs?
- Unpleasant odors. The stink of sewage is immediately recognizable. You might catch a whiff in the home near a drain or maybe even out on the lawn. Either way, if you smell sewage, there’s a sewer line acting up that needs professional attention.
- Puddles. The sudden appearance of puddles in the lawn is another sure sign—especially in the absence of rain. These puddles will often stink, as well as attract flies, mosquitoes, and other pests.
- Water backing up in the home. Most frequently, a damaged sewer line will water backing up in first floor drains or basement drains. If you get a lot of backflow and gurgling when you flush or use the shower, your sewer line needs attention.
- Constant clogs. Clogs aren’t uncommon, but if you’re dealing with them on a daily basis or your clog won’t go away, it’s likely that there’s a larger issue at hand—namely, your sewer line.
- Slow-draining fixtures. A single slow drain typically means you have a small local clog. But when the problem is spreading to every fixture in the home, from the bath to the toilets and even the sinks, then the problem is with the main sewer line.
The best way to avoid high costs is to get service right away! Not sure what the problem is? That’s why our specialists are always available to offer plumbing and sewer line assessments. Any time you feel like there may be an issue, go ahead and give us a call to avoid further damage and risk.
Expert Plumbing Services & Solutions in Ohio & Northern Kentucky
No matter the size, scope, or scale of your plumbing need, we have the solution and service to match here at Schneller & Knochelmann. You can reach our plumbing team online at any time to schedule service, or feel free to contact us over the phone at 513.407.4424 (OH) and 859.757.1877 (KY) to speak with our plumbing experts any time. If your Cincinnati area home needs the drain or sewer line replaced, we can do it quickly and with less mess!