Clean Your Indoor Coil! It Can Make or Break Your Summer!
Summer is ramping up! That means longer and hotter days, both outside and inside. If you’re air conditioner isn’t prepared, it’s about to have a tough job on its hands. Make sure it’s up to the task.
Related Read: 5 Simple Hacks to Reduce Your Summer Energy Bills
Unfortunately, it’s easy to forget about maintaining what you can’t see. The pros at Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air often find that when homeowners can’t see the equipment at work, they don’t properly maintain it. One such forgotten piece of equipment is your air conditioner’s indoor coil.
Benefits of a Clean Indoor Coil
One of the ways you can ensure that your system keeps working at its best is to clean your indoor coil. Take a look at the benefits of making a call and scheduling a service technician ASAP.
- Increased Air Flow: This one is a no-brainer. With less dirt clogging up your indoor coil, you’ll have more air flowing from your unit. This makes for a cool and happy home.
- Cost Efficiency: While there’s a cost associated with any service call, the cost of a tune-up is far, far less than that of a breakdown.
- Healthy Air: If left unchecked for too long, the dirt that accumulates inside an AC unit can build up and be blown around the house. This is a nightmare for anyone with allergies.
- Cleanliness: Dirt in your ducts and air conditioner makes cleaning around the house a hassle because it is pushed through the air whenever the air conditioner is running.
- Unit Lifespan: By keeping your unit clean and free-flowing, you reduce the wear and tear on the system. With the coil clean, your unit will live a longer life.
Don’t have a maintenance plan? See how it could save you money.
In the age of the Internet, you can find a video describing how to do just about anything. However, it’s important to note that cleaning the interior of your air conditioner is not a task for the average homeowner.
Your air conditioner is an expensive, important piece of machinery, and can be a dangerous place for someone without proper training. Don’t forget that you could accidentally cause more damage than good and void warranties by taking on the job yourself.
Find out what should be included in your maintenance agreement to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth!
BUT WAIT, there's more!
Receive an additional $100 off, with a mail-in rebate!