Water Heater Repair and Installation in Kentucky & Ohio
A dependable source of hot water is more than an amenity. These days, a running water heater is a staple of our daily lives! This means when yours goes down or starts leaking, it can put an immediate halt on your day and can negatively impact your quality of life as a whole. At Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air, solving problems like these is why we got in the business.
Schneller Knochelmann has been providing quality plumbing services to homeowners for decades. We back up our service with peerless skill, extensive training, and the best tools in the business so that we can provide swift water heater repairs that never sacrifice quality.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair in Cincinnati or Northern KY
Whenever possible, it’s best to avoid getting to the point where you lose access to hot water completely. This means acting proactively any time you notice a problem with your water heater! If you notice any of the following, contact our Cincinnati plumbers right away:
- Reduction in stable hot water output – Many complications can cause a water heater to fail in providing adequate hot water, even in a tankless water heater system. If you’re not getting the amount of hot water you’re used to, at the temp you’re used to getting it, call for a diagnostic service.
- Discolored water from the hot tap – Discoloration present in the water coming from your water heater indicates an excess of minerals and sediment. Most often, this is caused by a lack of water heater maintenance, or skipping a flush and fill service.
- Loud popping noises from the water heater – Popping is also an indicator of sediment in your tank, but may also mean a problem with your gas water heater or electric water heater’s heating element. Rarely, electrical issues may be at fault as well.
- Any signs of leaking – Water coming from the pressure relief valve, from a damaged joint or failing seal, or from the tank itself. Regardless of where the water is coming from, this needs water heater repair right away.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Water Heater?
A well-maintained water heater will provide reliable operation for eight to twelve years. Tankless systems may last 20 years or longer. The older the system, the increasing number of problems and repairs you can expect. Thus, age is the first fact to consider when deciding whether to repair or replace a water heater. You will also want to consider your average energy bills, the cost and frequency of repairs, and the required type of repair. Before deciding to repair or replace your system, our team will give you an honest, accurate assessment based on our professional plumbing experience.
Troubleshooting Water Heater Problems
- Cold Water – If you have cold water, it can be because of a lack of electricity, a damaged thermostat, or a faulty heating element.
- Insufficient Hot Water – An undersized water heater usually causes a lack of hot water. It can also occur because of a defective heating element or a failing thermostat.
- Leaks – Leaks can occur because of a failing T&P valve, improper water pressure, or stuck valves. They can also be caused by loose heating element bolts, damaged gaskets, or corrosion in the tank.
- Discoloration – Discolored water is usually caused by corrosion or the buildup of sediment in the tank.
- Odd Noises – Odd noises can occur because of sediment buildup or component failure.
Concerned your water heater is about to fail? Contact Schneller Knochelmann at (859) 757-1877 in Kentucky or (513) 407-4424 in Ohio to speak with our specialists.
Water Heaters We Install
The team at Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air can install tankless water heaters, gas and propane water heaters, electric water heaters, and hybrid water heaters. We carefully select the water heaters we offer for their longevity, reliability, ease of maintenance, and operational efficiency. Our team will help you identify the best system for your needs and budget.
Most water heater installations take just a few hours to complete. The first step requires draining, disconnecting, and removing your old hot water heater. Once removed, we will position the new water heater, make all the necessary connections, and test the system to ensure reliable operation.
Why Choose Schneller Knochelmann?
Being an award-winning service company isn’t something that was just handed to us. Our secret to success is that there’s no secret at all. It’s all about treating our clients with honesty and compassion and providing complete satisfaction at all times. We work hard to be the best HVAC and plumbing company in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, and to us, that means giving our all to our clients, to our employees, and to every project we work on.
When you need water heater repair, you can rest easy calling on our local plumbing contractors. We’ve seen, worked on, and fixed it all! Our services extend to all water heater types, including:
FAQs About Water Heaters
How much does it cost to repair a water heater?
The average cost of repairing a hot water heater in the United States is around $575. It can be as low as $100, or as much as $2,000, depending on the repair that is required.
What causes water heater failure?
Some of the most common causes of water heater failures we see include stuck valves, leaks, bad gaskets, improper water pressure, faulty T&P relief valves, and loose plumbing connections.
What are signs of a failing water heater?
Water heaters will alert you to signs of an impending failure. Common signs of a water heater about to fail include a lack of hot water, “popping” or “rumbling” noises, cloudy/rusty water, and visible leaks.
Can you install your own water heater?
Yes, but is it a good idea? No. Water heater installation requires specialized skills and training to perform correctly. It is not something you want to do after watching a YouTube video or an online tutorial. Missing a step or making a wrong connection can result in serious personal injury or damage to your home.
Contact Schneller Knochelmann at (859) 757-1877 in Kentucky or (513) 407-4424 in Ohio for more information about our water heater installation services. It is our pleasure to answer your questions and schedule an appointment convenient for your schedule.