10 Common Plumbing Problems
Stressed out about a plumbing issue in your Cincinnati home, or struggling to decide whether or not it’s time to call in an expert for plumbing repairs? We totally understand! The unknown factor when it comes to plumbing contributes a lot to this. That’s why Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air is here to detail some of the most common plumbing problems we come across!
Plumbing Issues We See Frequently in Ohio & Northern Kentucky
- Faucet leaks. Simple leaky fixtures might be the most common problem we see on a routine basis. And for the most part, you’ve got little to stress about here. Usually a minor loose component, or maybe an aging faucet. But the important thing to remember is that this needs to be addressed. The problem will only get worse!
- Slow draining. Are your sinks, showers, or basins draining slowly? The likely cause is the early makings of a clog forming deep in your sewer line. This isn’t a huge issue, but you’ll need a pro’s tools to get it handled before it leads to damage.
- Shifts in water pressure. There are actually absolute tons of things that can cause water pressure drops. Usually it relates to leaks or a damaged pipe, but just as often you’ll only need a minor plumbing repair to restore pressure.
- “Ghost” flushing. Ghost flushing, or phantom flushes, running toilet—all the same thing. Typically the issue is just an old or kinked flapper (the rubber bit that controls flushing from the tank), which is easy to replace even as a quick DIY project.
- Toilet clogs. You likely know all about clogs. We all see them from time to time! But if a plunger or closet auger can’t loosen things up it’s time to call in an expert, since this typically means the clog is too deep or too dense to handle normally.
- Water heater leaks. Water heater leaks are scary and often result in water damage. However, they’re often not actually due to serious damage to the tank. Much of the time all it takes is a washer replacement or some pipe fitting tightening.
- No hot water. This is usually a bigger hot water heater issue, and will most certainly require a call to your preferred plumbing expert. The most common cause is actually an electrical issue, but it needs seeing to asap to get things sorted.
- Clogged disposals. We mentioned this one more in-depth recently in our “ Clogged Drain Troubleshooting” guide, which you should check out! Most of the time this is simply due to incompatible materials present (paper waste, grease, etc.).
- Water damage. Keep watch for darkening spots or patches of mold along walls, floors, and ceilings. These are often your first really big indication of a pipe leak in your home!
- Burst pipes. While a burst pipe isn’t exactly “common,” it does happen with plenty regularity in older homes or during winter storms. Watch out for sudden dips in water pressure, puddles in the yard, and funky odors from drains.
Expert Plumbing Services & Solutions in Ohio & Northern Kentucky
No matter the size, scope, or scale of your plumbing need, we have the solution and service to match here at Schneller. You can reach our plumbing team online at any time to schedule service, or feel free to contact us over the phone at 513.407.4424 (OH) and 859.757.1877 (KY) to speak with our plumbing experts!