5 Signs It’s Time to Install a New Water Heater
Our home hot water systems enable us to cook, clean, and even more—they’re basically completely indispensable at this point. So it stands to reason that such an often used appliance needs to be working at its best, right? This fact makes replacing your Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky home’s water heater at the right time absolutely vital, which is what the experts at Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air are going to be discussing with you today!
Why Is Replacing a Water Heater Important?
Why not just wait until something goes completely wrong, or unit the water heater kicks the bucket for good? Well, there are a few reasons! First up an old and inefficient water heater does two big things wrong: one, it costs way more energy to operate, thus costing you a lot of unnecessary money. And two, it rarely if ever can keep up with your needs. You should never really encounter a situation where your tanked system needs to “recharge,” and if you do, it’s time to get a new water heater.
There’s also an important matter of safety and convenience. When a water heater breaks down completely it puts a huge portion of your life on hold, which is something no one should have to deal with. And there’s also the possibility of electrical and water damage, which are both things that can result in huge repair costs and potential physical danger.
Signs You Need a New Water Heater
The good news is the signs are pretty plain to see as long as you know what to keep an eye and ear out for:
- Excessive sediment present in your water. Does your water routinely come out looking brown or featuring flakes of scale? You might start with repair services or a simple maintenance, but if the issue persists it’s simply time to install a new water heater.
- Loud clanks, bangs, and hissing. This one also relates to excessive sediment, but if there’s enough in the tank to be making notable sounds it’s likely far too late. Contact a plumbing specialist to guide you to the right solution!
- Extensive leaking. We say extensive because it’s not uncommon for a water heater to encounter minor seal leaks, which aren’t all that bad overall. But if you’re seeing puddles of water and signs of water damage in walls and along floors, the water heater is likely beyond saving.
- Lack of hot water. This is one of those issues that a huge majority of folks endure, but never really should endure. If one family member showering drains the tank, it’s time to upgrade to a new water heater or to try out a tankless system.
- Sheer age. At roughly around a decade a hot water heater loses tons of efficiency, and begins to need repairs far too often. Save yourself the stress, cost, and lack of efficiency by looking into a new installation!
Water Heater Services in Cincinnati
Looking for a certified team of plumbing specialists that can help you get the perfect water heater solution for your home or business?
BUT WAIT, there's more!
Receive an additional $100 off, with a mail-in rebate!