Furnace Installation in Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky
Our winters are no joke—and you know that’s not an exaggeration. When the winter weather makes its way to Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, you best be prepared! And the easiest way to guard your family and your home from the
blistering cold weather outside is with a new, reliable heating system. But you can’t call up just any company to perform the installation. The most important day of your furnace’s life is the day it is installed because you need to
ensure it is sized and installed correctly. That’s where the team of experts from Schneller & Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air can help.
At Schneller & Knochelmann, our technicians are focused on bringing high-quality heating solutions to you. Our furnace installation services are second to none. Dependable quality is the basis of our
business, and we can ensure you’ll always get the best when you choose to work with our team!
Signs It’s Time to Install a New Heating System
These symptoms may mean it’s time for a new furnace installation:
- Age: Furnaces typically last 15-20 years, depending upon how heavily they’re used and how well and often heating system maintenance is done.
- Bills: Energy costs going up can mean your furnace is no longer running efficiently, while new heating systems must meet higher efficiency standards today.
- Strange sounds: The older it gets, the more rattles and clanks the furnace may develop.
- Dry air: Older furnaces may dry the indoor air, often too much. This can lead to dry, itchy skin, dry eyes and throat, etc. A full-featured, new furnace system with an integrated humidifier will better mediate the humidity in your home, keeping it at a comfortable level.
- Unevenly heated home: You need consistent, reliable heat for your home and family—and older heating systems may fail to produce enough heat or may have been sized incorrectly when first installed.
- Multiple repairs or a single major repair: When needed, these issues can make it more cost-effective to put your money toward a new furnace installation.
Watch for these signs your old heating system is failing, or simply ready for retirement, then call on Schneller & Knochelmann. We’ll check the function of your current heating system and make furnace repairs. If it’s time for furnace replacement, we’ll help you select a new furnace that suits your budget and meets your family’s needs. Then, we’ll perform a flawless heating system installation to restore your home comfort!
For expert advice about repairing vs. replacing your furnace, contact Schneller & Knochelmann today!
Advantages of a Forced-Air Furnace
We are big fans of gas or electric furnace systems, and typically recommend them for their long service life and other benefits. Heat pumps are also a solid option for our local climate, when properly outfitted and installed.
Here’s why we favor furnaces for home heating installation:
- Furnaces are more effective in cold climates like ours. A furnace system generates heat, whereas a heat pump transfers heat from the outdoor air to warm up your home.
- Furnaces are generally cheaper to purchase.
- Furnaces are cheaper to operate, using less energy and keeping energy bills low. When compared to boilers and heat pumps, we’ve found furnaces to be a great financial option based on our climate. In our experience, we’ve found boilers to be the most costly system for local homeowners, and they often require the most maintenance. Also, heat pumps must work harder in our cold climate, trying to bring in heat from freezing cold outdoor air. Heat pumps can work very well, however, with backup electrical heating coils. The coils switch on whenever temps are below freezing to keep your home comfortable—but this is more a more expensive home heating option.
- Furnaces typically run quieter than heat pumps.
When you need reliable home heating services, contact Schneller & Knochelmann for furnace replacement, repair, and maintenance in Cincinnati, OH & Northern Kentucky.
If you’re in the market for a new furnace, you’ve come to the right place. Schneller offers complete furnace services, so our team can help you pick a new, properly sized furnace—and then we’ll install it for you so you can quickly
make use of it in your home. When you choose to work with Schneller, you can expect high-quality service and an experience that is as stress-free as possible. And of course, you want a company you can trust to perform your furnace
installation properly—because an improperly installed furnace simply won’t work as well as it’s supposed to, if at all!
Are you considering installing a new heating system in your Cincinnati-area home? From our experience, a new furnace has helped:
- Improve your home’s comfort levels
- Lower the monthly utility bills
- Clean the air inside the home
- Maintain proper humidity levels in a home
Our comfort specialists start off by asking you questions that help us provide a whole-house analysis to make sure you are always comfortable:
- How long will you be in your home?
- Where do you set your thermostat?
- Do you have any cold spots in your home we need to fix?
- What is your budget for your furnace project?
- Will you need financing?
Installation & Replacement
Our installation technicians are the best in the business and will treat you and your home with the respect it deserves. They will show up and be professional in the following ways:
- Properly install your furnace to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Wear shoe covers and put down tarps to protect your home.
- Explain the installation when we are finished and show you how to use your thermostat.
- Remove your old equipment and make sure it gets recycled.
FREE Ongoing Maintenance for a Year
You will receive a free performance maintenance agreement for the first year. We will come back within the first year and fully clean and check your new furnace to make sure it is still operating properly.
We are also part of the Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance, which provides incentives to have your home’s energy needs assessed and helps make changes to your home more affordable. In some cases, you may qualify to receive an
incentive of up to 35% on all home energy improvements.
The Comfort Advisers at Schneller & Knochelmann will be able to provide all of the details—call us at 513-407-4424 or 859-757-1877.