Gas Furnace Repair in Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky
Responsible for providing your home with reliable heating, your gas furnace works to keep you comfortable all year. When it breaks down, you need to call a professional, as it can be dangerous to handle gas-based equipment.
As a leading provider of gas furnace repairs, our skilled technicians at Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air are ready to help when you need us.
Signs You Need Gas Furnace Repair
While gas furnaces are relatively low-maintenance, they still need occasional repairs and tune-ups to keep them running smoothly. To know whether your gas furnace needs repairs, here are a few signs to look out for:
- Excessive dust in home: When your furnace’s air filter gets too clogged, this can lead to more dust entering your home when you turn your furnace on.
- “Rotten egg” odors: This can indicate a gas leak, which requires immediate professional attention.
- Not producing heat: Many factors can lead to your gas furnace not producing heat. With a thorough inspection from our experts, they’ll identify the problem and provide the right solution.
- Loud and unusual noises: While some noise is normal for most furnaces, it shouldn’t be so loud that it’s distracting.
- Yellow pilot light: A properly functioning gas furnace pilot light should burn blue. A yellow pilot light can indicate a carbon monoxide leak or that the gas isn’t burning hot enough.
When Should You Schedule a Repair vs. Replacement?
After years of wear and tear, your gas furnace will eventually require professional service. But often, it can be difficult to know whether you should repair your gas furnace or replace it. When deciding which service is right for you, here are a few things to consider:
- Age: If your gas furnace is over 10 years old, replacing it may be more financially feasible than repairing it. The older your gas furnace gets, the more repairs it will need.
- Frequency of repairs: If repairs cost less than a third of a new gas furnace, it’s best to schedule a repair. But if you’re constantly scheduling repairs, it’s time to replace your furnace with a newer model.
- Uneven/no heating: This can be due to various factors. Generally, if your gas furnace isn’t working properly but is less than 10 years old, it likely needs a repair to get it working again.
Get the right gas furnace solution for your home with Schneller Knochelmann today. Call 859.757.1877 to schedule a service.
Schedule Your Gas Furnace Repair Today
When your gas furnace is on the fritz, and you’re not sure who to call, our experts are here to help. With over 90 years of industry experience, Schneller Knochelmann delivers industry-leading solutions that last. And as part of our commitment to making our gas furnace repairs hassle-free, we offer financing options and daily offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
This can be caused by several factors, including a dirty air filter, a gas leak, or a broken thermostat. With a thorough inspection, our professionals can accurately identify the source of the issue and deliver the right solution to get your gas furnace working properly.
Having your gas furnace serviced at least once a year is recommended to ensure it continues working smoothly for years to come. It also helps reduce the need for more costly repairs over time.
This is usually due to a dirty air filter. When your gas furnace’s air filter becomes too filled with dirt, dust, and debris, its ability to filter them out decreases. Depending on the air filter you use, it’s recommended to replace them once every one to three months.